Sign in to follow this  
BigPuppyStuart

The Games we Play

This thread is to recommend games.

STO Star Trek Online: A fun free romp through the startrek universe but can become grindy and boring after a long while.

ESO Elderscrolls online: Upfront purchase game. Has 2 Beast races, Argonian and Khajit.

Fractured Space: A fun Arena style ship combat game.

StarBound: An indie game that came out a few years ago and is still being updated.

• Like 1

I'm into MMORPGs and single-player action/fantasy. FFXIV is my current go-to (Omega Server, same name as I use here), though I play some Overwatch, EQ2 (rarely now though...), EVE (again, rarely), and a few others. Been playing NieR:Automata as well, pretty good game.

• Like 1

I'm never caught up on current games haha... I really love the following series/titles, though!!

• Tomb Raider (Lara Croft is my CHILD and I LOVE HER... up until the 2013 reboot)
    • TR2 was my first game, back when I was 3!!
  • TR spin-offs: you can get some of these from the app store!!
    • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light/Temple of Osiris
    • Lara Croft GO
  • Mass Effect (1-3, haven't gotten to Andromeda yet)
  • Street Fighter (IV Ultra, because Poison)
  • Like 1

Don't bother with Andromeda. It was entirely sub-par in my opinion. I returned it two days after buying it.

That's a shame :( I wanted to give it a chance just because it was part of the series... But it seems so full of bugs. Plus... they slapped a transfemale character in there that literally says what her birth name was and *twitch* that's *twitch* not *twitch* what we *twitch* do. 

I guess it'll be more of a YouTube-it kind of game (like waiting for a movie to come out on the Flix of Net). 

1 minute ago, EllieDoe said:

That's a shame :( I wanted to give it a chance just because it was part of the series... But it seems so full of bugs. Plus... they slapped a transfemale character in there that literally says what her birth name was and *twitch* that's *twitch* not *twitch* what we *twitch* do. 

I guess it'll be more of a YouTube-it kind of game (like waiting for a movie to come out on the Flix of Net). 

Most likely. It had so many glitches, I got stuck at one point because I fell through the floor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex Wright said:

Most likely. It had so many glitches, I got stuck at one point because I fell through the floor.

My favorite pastime is finding ways to break physics and fall off the map... But I don't want that to happen unintentionally xD 

I enjoyed Andromeda, even if not as much as the prior games in the series.  I'm hoping it'll be a good start to a new trilogy and they'll fix the problems with it over time.

I dip into Star Trek Online once in a while, but as Alex mentioned, it can be really grindy.  Plus, it just does not feel much like Star Trek.  I'm involved in a Star Trek play-by-email game that satisfies that urge for me a lot better.

Other than that, I'm primarily an RPG player.  Bethesda and Bioware games, mostly.  I dip into other genres now and then.  I'm a backer of Star Citizen, and though that game has a lot of development left, I'm hopeful for it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mikori said:

I enjoyed Andromeda, even if not as much as the prior games in the series.  I'm hoping it'll be a good start to a new trilogy and they'll fix the problems with it over time.

I dip into Star Trek Online once in a while, but as Alex mentioned, it can be really grindy.  Plus, it just does not feel much like Star Trek.  I'm involved in a Star Trek play-by-email game that satisfies that urge for me a lot better.

Other than that, I'm primarily an RPG player.  Bethesda and Bioware games, mostly.  I dip into other genres now and then.  I'm a backer of Star Citizen, and though that game has a lot of development left, I'm hopeful for it.

Yeah, I'm actually backing 2 games at the moment: Dual Universe and Panthron: Rise of the Fallen. Hoping they turn out well.