Alex Wright

Automatically Set Ignored Tags

AnthroDynamics currently sets several tags on ignore when a member joins the community. They are fully editable from the "edit profile" link in your profile. This discussion topic is so that we can fine-tune this list of tags. Currently, all of the tags on the list are what many consider "extreme" fetishes. We realize that everyone will have their own definition of what an extreme fetish should and shouldn't be, thus this topic. Currently, AD sets 5 tags in this category: 

Piss, scat, watersports, inflation, vore.

Recommendations to changes (removals, edits, additions) are welcome, and will be discussed at length.

Well, might completely go around this by making it part of the registration form. It'll be a bit tricky though. I'll work on this later to see if it is possible.

Guest Soup

I don't get inflation being up there. The others sure, yeah, I can get those, but even not as a huge fan of it I dunno how many consider it extreme at all.

27 minutes ago, Alex Wright said:

Well, might completely go around this by making it part of the registration form. It'll be a bit tricky though. I'll work on this later to see if it is possible.

Perhaps after registration have users brought to the page that allows what fetishes/kinks to be tagged and untagged. Or have some kind of notification for newly registered users to easily access that page to then tweak it to their liking. (Like at the top of the website "don't forget to look over site content tags to control what content you'd like to see") especially if you have some already tagged as a default.

Just now, Weedshibe said:

Perhaps after registration have users brought to the page that allows what fetishes/kinks to be tagged and untagged. Or have some kind of notification for newly registered users to easily access that page to then tweak it to their liking. (Like at the top of the website "don't forget to look over site content tags to control what content you'd like to see") especially if you have some already tagged as a default.

Thanks, that may be the way we have to go with it. The registration page seems to be a closed system because of the amount of tie-ins to other fields, the twitter login, etc. We will try a redirect to the User's profile page once registration is complete, or could add it to the welcome PM.

Ok, our Welcome PM was updated with this information, in bold. Hope that helps, and if anyone else has any further recommendations, let us know!

Few thoughts from a random passerby:

-The placement of editing tags seems odd. I'd expect to be able to edit them from: [user's dropdown menu -> account settings -> tags/content options], rather than through editing my profile?
-Hiding tags by default might not be ideal? It does act as a safeguard for unwary viewers,  but  as weedshibe mentioned, Guiding the user to set their tags upon account creation not only allows users to better curate their likes and dislikes but also doesn't hinder artists who go by those tags. *cough*IDrawInflation*cough*

Cheers for being really proactive with listening to the community, too. I like the look of this place.

5 minutes ago, Tioden said:

Few thoughts from a random passerby:

-The placement of editing tags seems odd. I'd expect to be able to edit them from: [user's dropdown menu -> account settings -> tags/content options], rather than through editing my profile?
-Hiding tags by default might not be ideal? It does act as a safeguard for unwary viewers,  but  as weedshibe mentioned, Guiding the user to set their tags upon account creation not only allows users to better curate their likes and dislikes but also doesn't hinder artists who go by those tags. *cough*IDrawInflation*cough*

Cheers for being really proactive with listening to the community, too. I like the look of this place.

Thank you for the Input! We are using an application that hooks into the account system. I would love to move the ignored Tags into the account settings area, but without rewriting major parts of that application, it'll be difficult. We will disable the automatic setting as soon as we can, and we have added the tags info into the welcome message that all users receive.

Also, the tags do not apply to Usernames, just the actual tags set on content items.

Ok, we will give this the good old College Try! 

1. When a member validates their email and is logged in, the page should now redirect to their profile.

2. Popup message asking them to please edit their profile to include ignored content tags.

12 minutes ago, Alex Wright said:

Ok, we will give this the good old College Try! 

1. When a member validates their email and is logged in, the page should now redirect to their profile.

2. Popup message asking them to please edit their profile to include ignored content tags.

Thank you so much, I definitely feel this will help!

This is basically finding the right balance of "looking out for viewers as a whole" and "making viewers and creators feel like they are not being signalled out/silenced for what they like/create"

It won't be possible to please every single user, but I personally feel very happy with this current change/method.

7 minutes ago, Weedshibe said:

Thank you so much, I definitely feel this will help!

This is basically finding the right balance of "looking out for viewers as a whole" and "making viewers and creators feel like they are not being signalled out/silenced for what they like/create"

It won't be possible to please every single user, but I personally feel very happy with this current change/method.

We appreciate it all. We are here for you guys. We listen and try to respond in as timely of manner as is possible. Here's a few other takeaways:

1. Still editing the "report content" feature. This is the "report" button that you'll find on every content item on the site. Using this will immediately ping the moderators both on the site and via email.

2. We also have account support tickets for users who need help with their accounts. Only admins will see these.

This is somewhat related, it's about the tagging system itself but it didn't seem worth it's own thread to suggest:

It does say it requires a General / Mature / Adult tag similar to how other sites have done it, but it doesn't seem to actually require you to add it to post it?

I typed General as a tag but only after posting artwork did I see the button to add the General Audience tag. I think having it be an actual required checkbox before uploading artwork similar to FA where it's right in your face could be useful! 

This is a bit more on topic, I also think along with the genre, type, gender, etc; tag categories, a "kink" category with the some more popular and known ones would be useful and make it easier for those who want to get that art to it's audience but wouldn't know what specifically to tag things as. Also very useful for those who use the blacklist to not have to see certain things. Similar to how FA has their "Type" category, it works very well IMO. 

I used to use an FA blacklist Chrome addon but it didn't work most of the time since many users either didn't tag things outright or simply didn't know what to tag a lot of that kind of content as (especially more niche stuff.) I think having the category with easily selectable ones makes that whole process much simpler. 

Edit:

Additionally, I think having all of the tag categories available right away while uploading art would be very useful. It seems as it is right now you have to upload art, then click the tags you'd like to add. You are able to type them manually, however it leaves room for typos or someone tagging something as a lesser known word for something that may not be correct.

It's somewhat of an issue in the case of the General / Mature / Adult tag, where General isn't "General" but "General Audience" which will make anyone that doesn't go back to check miss it entirely. I don't know if the Mature or Adult tags are any similar but I felt it was worth pointing out. 

I also think having a category for Copyright with the traditional "Creative Commons" / etc; that DeviantArt lets users select while uploading art could be quite useful for those that don't know what to put there. 

On 5/16/2018 at 2:10 PM, Lyn said:

This is somewhat related, it's about the tagging system itself but it didn't seem worth it's own thread to suggest:

It does say it requires a General / Mature / Adult tag similar to how other sites have done it, but it doesn't seem to actually require you to add it to post it?

I typed General as a tag but only after posting artwork did I see the button to add the General Audience tag. I think having it be an actual required checkbox before uploading artwork similar to FA where it's right in your face could be useful! 

This is a bit more on topic, I also think along with the genre, type, gender, etc; tag categories, a "kink" category with the some more popular and known ones would be useful and make it easier for those who want to get that art to it's audience but wouldn't know what specifically to tag things as. Also very useful for those who use the blacklist to not have to see certain things. Similar to how FA has their "Type" category, it works very well IMO. 

I used to use an FA blacklist Chrome addon but it didn't work most of the time since many users either didn't tag things outright or simply didn't know what to tag a lot of that kind of content as (especially more niche stuff.) I think having the category with easily selectable ones makes that whole process much simpler. 

We will recommend this type of change to the makers of the content management software. Our ignored tags feature is built on top of this, and unfortunately doesn't interact with it just yet. We are waiting to hear back how best to accomplish this! But all very good points.

As far as a Kink category would go, feel free to start another thread for recommendations for it. It's fairly easy to add tags to that system.

Oh, forgot about this as well. If you wish to ignore another user's content, that can be done in account settings. Currently allows for: Posts, Messages (PMs, this system can also be turned off entirely), Signature, Mentions, Blog (Literature, we'll fix that), and Gallery.

This is now confirmed as working as intended. It properly redirects and provides a popup message.

Alright, here's another addendum to this.:

We now have an auto-moderation rule in place checking the submitted tags of Gallery content. Anything not tagged with an appropriate content rating tag will now have the [adult] tag added to it, and a PM will be sent by the AD Bot. We won't be adding warnings or infractions or anything like that for this, as it's a common error.

@Lyn I know it's an older topic, but you could add suggestions for tag categories and tags here:

As far as the other suggestion goes, this one:

Additionally, I think having all of the tag categories available right away while uploading art would be very useful. It seems as it is right now you have to upload art, then click the tags you'd like to add. You are able to type them manually, however it leaves room for typos or someone tagging something as a lesser known word for something that may not be correct.

There should be, at the top of the gallery upload dialogue box, an option to "set tags on all". We will work on adding the tagging system to that dialogue box.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By WindTide
      What happens to a guardian of lore as they unleash their primal side... who would be safe from the guardian?

After Whinges had managed to complete the previous sketch, a game of hot potato was played as I passed the sketch book on over to Beast Soul for the next piece to commission! After I had a time to look over their portfolio I knew I wanted them to draw my Shishi, and they were more than glad to do so! It's fun seeing a different take on my character from an artist, and Beast Soul definitely did a great job overall! Definitely an artist to commission if anyone gets the chance!

Gāo Rèn ©
          Wind Tide
      Art ©
          Beast Soul
      Find Beast Soul's other works in these following websites!
       Beast Soul's Twitter ↔  Beast Soul's Tumblr ↔  Beast Soul's Patreon
       Beast Soul's Ko-Fi ↔  Beast Soul's Picarto Channel ↔  Beast Soul's Deviant Art
       Beast Soul's Instagram ↔  Beast Soul's Art Facebook ↔  Beast Soul Studio Facebook
    • By WindTide
      Some folks say that multi tasking is a bad idea in the work place... but not so for Izel! With his multiple limbs he can handle all sorts of tasks at a given time, which makes it easy when it comes to handling the merchandise for customers!

Onto the second piece for TFF 2018, we have the lovely Whines / Ponyboots whom I had a chance to look at their booth. While Donryu was getting the piece finished for me, I spotted Whinges' drawings and couldn't help but feel like I should get something for myself! So I was quick to pass the baton as I delivered my sketch book, and Whinges was kind enough to facilitate in delivering it to the next artist I had my eyes on! I appreciate the professional courtesy and the timing which everything was taken care of!

Izel Yaotl ©
          Wind Tide
      Art ©
          Whinges
      Find Whinges' other works in these following websites!  Whinges' Twitter ↔  Whinges' Tumblr
    • By WindTide
      Another day on the job, another knot on the ape's back no doubt. Rolling his shoulders, Cole made his way to the general bunk bed area where he would take a snooze. At the very least he needed to take off the jacket, letting his shoulders roll back to drop the heavy, flame resistant coat.

Looking in the mirror he couldn't help but sigh... he was tired and lethargic. But the work was what mattered to the fire chief the most. 

Coming up on long, overdue artwork is the collection of sketches I received from Texas Furry Fiesta of 2018! The first sketch that I commissioned was from :linkDonryu:, who I make it a point to see every time I come to TFF! Donryu was as always a charming individual to talk to, and even more so since I decided to buy his Rat Packs from him! I have to say he did a spectacular job with Cole here, and hope to see him the next time at TFF 2019!

Cole Phillips ©
          Wind Tide
      Art ©
          Donryu
      Find Donryu's other works in these following websites!
       Donryu's Twitter ↔   Donryu's Tumblr ↔  Donryu's Patreon ↔  Donryu's Kofi ↔  Donryu's Picarto Channel
    • By Lyn
      集まる力で時さえ超えて
      Here isa draw of my fursona and her "Stand",「Moon River」

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.